Your support will help change minds, bodies and lives. 92 cents of every dollar goes directly to services for women, children and families.
For more than 100 years YWCA St. Paul has been changing minds, bodies & lives. We address community needs in four core areas: Housing & Supportive Services; Youth Development, Health & Wellness; and Skills for Life & Work.
Although you may know us best for our Health & Fitness Center, we also help:
• Families to fight homelessness
• At-risk youth to reach their full potential
• People of all ages to build skills to support self-sufficiency
Thanks to donors like you, women, children and families make life-changing strides every day. What follows is a small sampling of the many successes celebrated during the last year.
• Got my kids out of foster care.
• Graduated from high school.
• Gained control of my health and my life.
• Practiced interviewing and got my first job.
• Learned to budget and paid off my debts.
• Improved my reading and math — qualified for the National Honor Society.
• Became the first person in my family to learn to swim.
• Earned a promotion at work.
• Got a full-time job and got my family off welfare.
• Went from sleeping at a shelter to having a place to call my own.
• Left my abusive husband.
• Moved to a safer neighborhood.
• Earned my CNA certificate and started my nursing degree.
• Completed my GED.
• Stayed in school.
• Learned that I could stand on my own and take care of my kids.
• Finished cooking school — got a paid internship.
• Got off rental assistance.
• Improved my English.
• Stopped growing old — started growing young.
• Found out there are people who I’ve never even met who care about me and my future.
Thank you for making these successes possible!