Donations help the Men's Center help even more men through its support groups, workshops, anger management classes and outreach activities.
The Twin Cities Men's Center (TCMC) has served over 104, 000 men since 1976! TCMC has organized the first Midwest Regional Men's Conferences in 1979, 1981, 1983, 1985, 1987, 1989, and 1992. In 2001 TCMC produced the first regional Men's Health and Well-Being Symposium in the United States.
The Men's Center hosted the first support groups for men in violent relationships, men with HIV/AIDS, and fathers & sons in the Twin Cities. These groups spun off and became their own non-profit organizations.
The Men's Center provides resources for men seeking to grow in body, mind and spirit, and from that foundation advocates for healthier family and community relationships.
1. We believe men can and should support each other through times of personal challenge and change.
2. We believe in authenticity, which means acknowledging to ourselves and each other our hopes, fears, strengths and weaknesses as men seeking to grow.
3. We believe in honesty among men, which means men freely expressing themselves
emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually in ways true to their own growth and masculinities.
4. We believe in respecting diversity and mutuality in our support groups, workshops,
conferences and outreach activities which means supporting and empowering all men.
5. We believe in the equality of men and women.
6. We believe in recognizing and appreciating our similarities and differences as humans of all races and national origins, and in the process fostering mutual respect and brotherhood for us all.
7. We believe in the power of our common humanity, which means regardless of our
sexual orientations, gender identities, or other issues that separate us, what we have in common transcends our differences.