Your donation helps TRUST make south Minneapolis a better place to live. Help us serve the community.
While you are reading this (depending on the time of day, of course):
- 97 meals are being delivered;
- 4 lawns are being mowed;
- two visits are being conducted by the Parish Nurse or her volunteers;
- eight elderly women are being transported to the grocery store;
- fifty retirees are attending a Life Enrichment lifelong learning event;
- forty-five people are going on a day tour;
- fifteen people are attending a grief support group;
- volunteers from five TRUST churches are providing 1:1 care to those with memory loss attending respite care at the Gathering;
- one of 22 annual estate sales is being held;
- TRUST Builders are putting a new roof on a house in north Minneapolis damaged by the tornado; and
- TRUST Youth are filling meal bags at Feed My Starving Children.
That's what we do. TRUST started 42 years ago with eight congregations. Clergy and lay leaders thought they could do more for the community working together than alone. They were right. Now TRUST interacts with 46 congregations through our programs which enhance their outreach capabilities. We advance community service. We emphasize volunteers and collaboration. TRUST is there to provide services; TRUST has been there to support the 2,000 volunteers who gave 20,000 hours of their time to make south Minneapolis a better, kinder, more compassionate place. The programs and services are open to all people in the larger community regardless of religious affiliation. And we would like your partnership.
What people say:
- “Meals on Wheels volunteers are such day brighteners, no matter what the weather. I want them to know how much they improve my quality of life.” Meals on Wheels client
- “It helps me stay in my home. Pleasant reliable workers.” Chore client
- “I don’t know what I would have done without the program. There are two additional benefits – getting me out of the house and getting to know people. Thank God we have the grocery program.” Grocery transportation client
We mobilize the congregations and the community to do "good works" for the community.