Help support the only museum in North America dedicated to the presentation of the art and culture of Russia and its surrounding regions.
The Museum of Russian Art Board of Trustees has created a matching grant program for Give to the Max Day. Our goal this year is to raise $5,000 for exhibition and program development! Here is how the matching grant program will work:
- Every donation up to the $5,000 goal will be met 1:1.
- After our goal of $5,000 is met, an Anonymous Donor will match every donation 2:1
- Every donation of $100 or more will receive a complimentary Dual membership to The Museum of Russian Art for one year.
Founded in 2002, The Museum of Russia Art (TMORA), located in Minneapolis, Minnesota is the only museum in North America dedicated exclusively to the preservation and presentation of art and artifacts from Russia and its surrounding regions. TMORA is a member supported non-profit organization that enriches the cultural fabric of our community and promotes international understanding through a dynamic rotation of original exhibitions and thought-provoking educational programs.
Knowing that Russia’s history is complex and at times controversial, TMORA provides the American public a glimpse into a largely unexamined art and culture. TMORA promotes international understanding and dialogue with each exhibition.
We believe that learning about other cultures enriches our lives.
We are committed to inspiring curiosity about a people and a culture that, for nearly a century, has been shrouded in secrecy and misunderstanding.
We believe that a small museum can make a difference by fostering the human connections that bind us together in an increasingly global society.
Who We Are:
‣ A museum that researches and presents a dynamic rotation of original art exhibitions featuring a diverse array of Russia’s cultural treasures.
‣ A center for education, scholarship and research, dedicated to sharing knowledge and information about Russia's art, culture and history.
‣ An important vehicle in forging stronger international, political, cultural and economic relations with Russia.
‣ A unique and integral part of Minnesota’s rich cultural community.
‣ A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that uses charitable contributions to support and advance our mission of Education, Engagement and Enlightenment through the art of Russia.
‣ A leader in educating the American public about the beauty, diversity, quality and craftsmanship of Russian art.
What We Do:
Through our exhibitions and research, we have established strong diplomatic ties with Russia, working in collaboration with the preeminent museums in Russia including the Tretyakov Gallery (Moscow), the State Russian Museum (St. Petersburg), and several regional museums across the Russian Federation.
The Russian Empire and former Soviet Union covered immense geographic expanses and were home to over 100 nationalities and ethnicities. A number of these lands and peoples are still part of contemporary Russia or its sphere of influence, and many regions continue to be international hot spots central to international security, economic and diplomatic concerns. Knowledge of these cultures enhances our ability to foster the human connections that bind us together in an increasingly global society.
We are committed to providing an engaging, inspirational and fun learning environment. Our programs include:
· Docent-led tours
· Lectures and Seminars
· Workshops and Demonstrations
· Musical Performances
· Russian films
· Children’s plays
In recognition of its achievements in promoting Russian culture, TMORA’s Founder and its Executive Director were awarded the Order of Friendship from Russian Presidents Vladimir Putin and Dmitry Medvedev, respectively.
How You Can Help:
Your monetary support is vital to our future success. TMORA is a non-profit organization that relies upon charitable gifts from donors and members to fund and develop programs and sustain operations. As a 501(c)(3) your contributions are fully tax deductible.
With sincere thanks for considering making a gift to The Museum of Russian Art!