Donations support efforts to improve the quality of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education for all Minnesota students.
Our coalition of education, business, and policy representatives has worked over the past 17 years to increase the state’s effectiveness in providing STEM education to the students and citizens of Minnesota and to engage all Minnesotans in STEM as a means toward lifelong learning, informed civic engagement, and a vibrant economy.
As a non-partisan organization we are dedicated to
- provide strong, articulate, non-partisan voice to inform and shape local and state policy development in STEM education;
- advocate for making high quality STEM education a guarantee for all of Minnesota students;
- leverage relationships with business and industry to support STEM education; and
- expand the community of individuals who are informed about STEM issues, policies, and programs
Some major initiatives include
- Convening annual briefings for policymakers, legislators, business leaders, and educators on issues of current interest and importance to STEM improvement and reform.
- Sponsoring Minnesota’s participation as a mini-nation in the 1995 TIMSS International Assessment and analyzing subsequent 2007 results, providing a valuable perspective on the achievement of Minnesota students across a 12 year span.
- Sharing current information relevant to STEM education via its website, www.scimathmn.org, and through SciMathMN E-Formation, an occasional electronic newsletter, to keep educators, business partners, policymakers, parents, and students aware of important developments in STEM education.
- Developing and disseminating statewide frameworks for mathematics and science to support high quality teaching and learning in Minnesota classrooms.