NEMAA believes that ART MATTERS. We present Art-A-Whirl, and connect the community to art & artists.
Art and artists matter.
Northeast Minneapolis Arts Association (NEMAA) believes that art — and artists — matter. A vibrant arts community promotes social and economic growth. It celebrates and reflects our community’s diversity. And it creates connections between individuals, businesses and artists.
What does NEMAA do?
NEMAA is perhaps best known for our annual Art-A-Whirl® open gallery and artist-studio tour, which attracts 30,000 visitors each year to Northeast Minneapolis, helping to create one of the most vibrant arts districts in the country. NEMAA also:
- Sponsors the annual Fall Fine Arts Show , a fabulous showcase of our members' work.
- Promotes monthly “open studios” throughout the Northeast Minneapolis Arts District, and member exhibits and events.
- Work continuously to achieve higher visibility for our artist members through various media channels.
- Publishes and distributes 30,000 copies of the annual Artist Directory and Guide, which includes a listing of NEMAA artists and members, arts events in Northeast Minneapolis, a map to Northeast Minneapolis with Art-A-Whirl locations, and a dining guide.
- Provides members with a monthly newsletter including upcoming exhibits, artist opportunities, studio opportunities, and community news.
What makes NEMAA unique?
- NEMAA presents Art-A-Whirl, the largest open artist studio tour in the country each year.
- NEMAA offers a rare opportunity to meet artists individually, observe their creative process, follow their careers, and collect their work over many years.
- NEMAA has helped turn art into an economic engine by creating partnerships between artists, businesses and the community at large.
- True to its grassroots-based independent spirit, NEMAA is supported almost entirely by members, donors, advertising sales, and select sponsorships.
- NEMAA attracts visual artists of all disciplines, and creates a supportive community for the artists.
- NEMAA connects artists and businesses with mutually beneficial opportunities.
- NEMAA offers a great way to engage with Minneapolis’ vibrant arts community.
Your donation to NEMAA is a great way to help build a more vibrant community, works directly to support our programs and events, and helps increase our community's social and economic vitality.
Please help keep our vision alive, and demonstrate that art and artists matter to you too. By donating any amount to NEMAA today, you become a part of our art-centered community.