Merrick, Inc., provides pre-vocational and life enrichment opportunities to over 375 adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
12th Annual Charity Bowl-A-Thon
Sunday, March 23, 2014
Flaherty's Arden Bowl
To sponsor Merrick clients who would like to bowl, please make a selection on the right.To register yourself or others as bowlers or sponsors, please use the following links:
ONLINE REGISTRATION for Sponsors and Individuals or
Manage your Team/Personal Fundraising Account through JoinMe
The Bowl-A-Thon is open to all ages and bowling abilities. Special accommodations are provided when specified. Bumper bowling is available on all lanes.
All proceeds benefit the clients of Merrick, Inc., in our mission to empower adults with disabilities through vocational and social opportunities, and to guide them towards realizing their goals and dreams.
More about who we are:
A human services organization that began in 1964 and now supports over 375 clients, employs over 100 staff, and coordinates services throughout the Twin Cities metropolitan area from our wonderful energy-efficient building in Vadnais Heights, Minnesota. In the summer of 2012 we opened a program site for Adult Day Services (ADS) and Memory Care Services (MCS) in downtown North St. Paul.
The following are examples of how your support benefits clients in our program:
• Resources to discover each individual’s preferred life passions and enrichment activities;
• Support for client self-advocacy groups, conferences, and political activities;
• Specialized equipment to enhance programs and improve client safety; and
• Therapeutic programs like horticulture, pet, art, music, and assistive technology.
Previous results include:
• Over 105 clients participate in weekly self-adovcacy groups - more than any other Day Treatment & Habilitation (DT&H) program in the State of Minnesota. In 2012, 42 self-advocates attended a Creative Options conference. Self-advocates also conducted ten presentations to other DT&H's, disability groups, and at conferences in 2012.
• Merrick is a source of economic stimulus in our local community. Dr. C. Ford Runge, a parent of a Merrick client and local economist, published a study demonstrating that Merrick "gives back" nearly $3 in local economic benefit for every $1 of state funds invested in our program.
• Through a competitive bidding process we were selected to become the official supplier of office copy paper for the State of Minnesota.
Keep updated on all things Merrick by joining our mailing list: http://bit.ly/merrickmailinglist