InnerCity Tennis provides innovative educational programming, physical activity and tennis for youth and families in the Twin Cities.
InnerCity Tennis provides innovative educational programming, physical activity and tennis to ensure that the youth and families we serve develop a passion for lifelong physical well being, learning, exemplary individual character, and a personal commitment to improving the world we share.
Our Vision is to achieve National prominence and local respect for:
- Operating the most effective nonprofit organization in connecting tennis and physical activities to high quality educational outcomes;
- Increasing the scope and breadth of our programs that instill exemplary personal values and educate, mentor and coach underserved youth in our communities;
- Developing beneficial community connections that are multi-generational and cross-cultural and significantly increase the number and demographic diversity of the people we serve;
- Further developing our reputation as a welcoming, engaged member of the community and honoring our stewardship of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Park, the largest indoor public tennis facility in Minneapolis that is accessible to everyone; and,
- Creating a model partnership with the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board that strengthens our alliance and improves the utilization of all public facilities at MLK Park.