I'm biking to build community one mile - and one home - at a time.
Mary’s Top Ten Reasons to Donate to Habit 500:
- Habitat 500 raises money for Habitat homes and builds awareness of the need for decent, simple, affordable housing.
- Meals and accommodations for riders are provided by local Habitat volunteers.
- Habitat is a non-profit organization that builds homes in partnership with families in need.
- Habitat offers a ‘hand up’, not a ‘hand out.’ Homebuyer families are required to put in 300-500 hours of sweat equity, plus pay closing costs and stay current on their mortgage payments.
- Habitat sells homes to low-income families who otherwise could not afford to purchase a home.
- I have greatly enjoyed volunteering on the construction of Habitat homes in the past and look forward to building another one with my church next year.
- Working together to build with Habitat answers the question, “Who is my neighbor?”
- It is true that many of us have had difficult economic times lately, but we can still help others who are worse off.
- I’m excited about getting to know an awesome community of Habitat supporters on the ride.
- This adventure is motivating me to keep exercising!