The Friends of the Winona Public Library value, support, and champion the public library. "We're not just book sales!"
The purposes of this volunteer organization are to:
- Maintain an association of persons interested in the Winona Public Library.
- Focus public attention on the Winona Public Library.
- Stimulate the use of the library’s resources and services.
- Receive and encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the library.
- Support and cooperate with the library in developing library services and facilities for the community.
- Support the freedom to read as expressed in the American Library Association Bill of Rights.
Projects of the Friends of the Winona Public Library:
- Donate time and funds to help with children’s programs.
- Encourage community awareness by representing the library in our community.
- Advocate for strong library support.
- Manage the Deborah Miller Kanabar Trust Fund.
- Encourage Memorial and Honor Book Programs.
- Volunteer for the annual Concert in the Park sponsored by Winona National Bank (all proceeds from the event benefit the library).
- Raise funds to purchase books, equipment, materials, and other special projects or program needs.