Cycles for Change - formerly Sibley Bike Depot - is a non-profit bike shop helping get people on bikes to use for transportation purposes!
With your support in 2012, Cycles for Change can continue our many community bike programs, including:
- Our Junior Mechanics program, where youth can learn bike maintenance and fix up a bike to keep for themselves in the process; we’re strengthening our partnership with the St. Paul Public Schools and offering accredited classes in bike maintenance and physical education;
- An expanded Youth Apprenticeship program growing from 6 to 8 youth and providing year round employment for youth to work in our shop, learn bike repair skills, think critically about bike and transportation systems, and help co-teach classes for youth and adults;
- Community Partners Bike Library, providing 220 bicycles for 6-month loan to low-income and under-served community members through out 19 different partner organizations in Minneapolis and St. Paul
- Free Open Shop, offering tools, space, and expert assistance in bicycle repair year-round;
- Donation of bicycles to various community partners including 50 bicycles for the St. Paul Promise Neighborhood this fall.
As a volunteer-run, not-for-profit organization working to build a bicycling movement in the Twin Cities, we rely on acts of generosity and kindness for our organization to survive and thrive. Thank you for your interest in Cycles for Change!