Join the growing number of East Siders who are committed to making our community a place we are proud to call home.
Greetings from Saint Paul's East Side -
We hope you are as excited as the East Side Neighborhood Development Company (ESNDC) is with all of the great developments happening in our East Side community! The efforts and enthusiasm of our engaged community in the Case-Burr and Payne-Case residents and business owners have caught the attention of government, foundations and partner organizations. Just to name a few:
- In 2010, the Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter Work Project and Habitat for Humanity constructed 3 new homes and rehabbed 11 more properties. In 2011, Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity will continue to honor its commitment to the East Side by building 4 new homes;
- East Side Pride Community Building Projects - Neighbors and volunteers showed off their pride this year by creating the Green Pride Community Garden, building the Phalen Senior Lofts Pocket Park, celebrating East Side Pride Week, organizing National Night Out Events and dozens of neighborhood leadership development activities;
- 81 East Side homes have received new windows as part of the Lead Poisoning Prevention Program since 2007; $480,000 has been invested in neighborhood housing, providing jobs to local contractors, increasing property values and reducing energy costs to residents; and
- 635 gallons of Valspar Paint were donated to East Side residents and businesses over the course of only three months this summer. Projects included single family owner-occupied properties, rental units, duplexes, commercial store fronts and a Paint the Pavement project at the intersection of Burr Street and York Avenue.
Join us as we create a neighborhood of choice. ESNDC is asking for your financial support to keep the momentum going. By making an online donation to our community engagement work, 2011 will be even better!
Thank you for your support,
- ESNDC Board of Directors, Staff, Volunteers and Neighborhood Residents