The Cannon River Watershed Partnership helps people take action for clean water.
In 1990 a small group of citizen came together because of a shared passion for clean water. Today the Cannon River Watershed Partnership is hard at work helping the citizens of our watershed, the local governments, and our many partners DO something to make our water healthier.
How do we do this?
- Stop raw sewage from entering the rivers and lakes.
- Work with volunteers to collect thousands of water samples to understand the condition of the water.
- Help urban residents reduce runoff and conserve water with rain barrels and rain gardens.
- Work with farmers to help them have productive farms and clean water.
- Pull tons of trash out of the rivers and lakes at our annual cleanup.
- Promote the need for natural filters along shorelines to filter runoff.
- Host events for people to get outside and enjoy nature.